Cost and Profitability
The group’s objective is to assist member organizations in understanding and quantifying the value business support functions bring to an organization. This will be achieved through the development of a framework that will enable member organizations to consistently define the value business support functions bring to an organization and thereby allow cost / value trade-off to be quantified and considered. The work on value management is being led by the CAM-I UK chapter with support from US based members.
Defining Value for Services - Historically, target costing and value analysis is more easily applied to the manufacturing of a product. Services can present nuanced challenges in quantifying the processes performed and the importance to the customer. The group will continue to expand pilots of the value for services and associated costs.
Strategic Cost and Profitability Value Management Curve - CAM-I has contributed significantly to the field of Cost Management & Target Costing but how can new member organizations self-assess where they are in terms of maturity and what next steps to take to improve their organization? The group will use the existing body of knowledge to create a maturity curve explaining the accomplishments along the maturity curve.
Integrated Risk and Value Management Special Interest Group
The Integrated Risk and Value Management interest group is currently working on the development of the risk-value continuum, value-analysis matrix, and risk-analysis tool. These tools will be combined into a user-guide which identifies where an organization is currently in terms of risk taking and will help lead the organization to their optimal point to maximize organizational value. This will help lead an organization through a well-rounded risk-value discussion at any level of the organization.
Performance Management Interest Group
The group is focused on these Phase III initiatives:
Phase III Key Deliverables:
- PMF Awareness Training for members and guests at quarterly meetings.
- PMF Implementation Workshop facilitated in-house for member companies.
- PMF Instructor Certification Process and Program (“Train-The-Trainer”)
- Updated PMF Executive Overview (joint publication with CPA Canada) with a more graphical explanation of the methodology.
- On-line Readiness Assessment tools and analytics.
- Guidance on integrating PMF concepts with other IGs’ methodologies.
Current research and development includes:
- Providing high level guidance on improving organizational readiness.
- Packaging PMF instructor materials into a practical Implementation Guidebook.
- Documenting business success stories in the use of the Framework.
- Developing an approach to providing more detailed guidance on specific improvement techniques and accessing associated reference materials.