Cost and Profitability Management
The group will continue to expand pilots of the value for services and associated costs.
- A Primer on Value Analysis
- A Primer on Application of Target Costing
- Document on Strategic Cost and Profitability Value Management
- Understand and Demonstrate the Value of Business Enabling Functions –
Framework model “Principle Based Value Framework”.
- Survey write-up’s
- Link to CAM-I Value Management Curve and roadmap
- Produce draft paper at CAM-I
- Publish final paper, this marks completion of Phase 1
- Identify next steps and plan to be presented at CAM-I UK meeting
Integrated Risk and Value Management Special Interest Group
The Integrated Risk and Value Management interest group is currently working on the development of the risk-value continuum, value-analysis matrix, and risk-analysis tool. These tools will be combined into a user-guide which identifies where an organization is currently in terms of risk taking and will help lead the organization to their optimal point to maximize organizational value. This will help lead an organization through a well-rounded risk-value discussion at any level of the organization.
Performance Management Interest Group
Key Performance Management Framework (PMF) Deliverables:
- PMF Awareness Training for members and guests at quarterly meetings
- PMF Implementation Workshop facilitated in-house for member companies
- PMF Instructor Certification Process and Program (“Train-The-Trainer”)
- Updated PMF Executive Overview (joint publication with CPA Canada) with a more graphical explanation of the methodology
- On-line Organizational Readiness Assessment tools and analytics
- Guidance on integrating PMF concepts with other IG’s methodologies
Current research and development:
- Providing high level guidance on improving organizational readiness.
- Packaging PMF instructor materials into a practical Implementation Guidebook.
- Documenting business success stories in the use of the Framework.
- Developing an approach to providing more detailed guidance on specific improvement techniques and accessing associated reference materials.